Your Best Defense Martial Art Center
1st Degree Black Belt
I started training at Your Best Defense with an interest in martial arts. That interest turned into a hobby and that hobby became a way of life. Martial arts training has allowed me to do things – train in China at the Shaolin Temple and on Wu Dang Mountain, become a black belt, become a Sifu – that I never dreamed possible. My passion for martial arts grows with each new thing I learn, with each goal achieved and with each student who begins training with an interest in martial arts.
- Sifu Tai Chi – 2010
- Black Belt Yi Ran Dao Kung Fu, 1st Dan – 2011
- Sifu Yi Ran Dao Kung Fu – 2014
- 1986-87 – Kung Fu Training at Green Dragon Studio, Tallmadge, Ohio
- 1993~1998 – Studied Chi Gong with Dr. Tianyou Hao, Cleveland, Ohio
- 2003 – Began T’ai Chi Ch’uan training at Your Best Defense
- 2005 – Began Yi Ran Dao kung fu training at Your Best Defense
- 2006 – Began practicing Sudarshan Kriya Yoga
- 2007 – Present: Received training in GAP (Gentle Awakening Process) designed to integrate consciousness and establish permanent peace of mind.
- 2007 – Promoted to Assistant T’ai chi Instructor
- 2007 – Present: Trained under Wu Shangwei, 34th Generation Master Shaolin Monk.
- 2008 – Traveled to China and trained at the Shaolin Temple near Denfeng.
- 2009 – Completed Knife Fighting and Defensive Tactics in Knife Fighting conducted by Guru Felix Valencia of Valencia Lameco Eskrima, Los Angeles, California.
- 2009 –Present: Student in Master Vince Gentiluomo’s Shaolin Masters Class
- 2010 – Certified Oneness Deeksha (Blessing) Giver by the Oneness University, India
- 2010 – Promoted to Sifu (full instructor) Tai Chi Ch’uan
- 2011 – Attained the rank of 1st Degree Black Belt, Yi Ran Dao Kung Fu
- 2012 – Completed Knife Fighting and Defensive Tactics in Knife Fighting conducted by Guru Felix Valencia of Valencia Lameco Eskrima, Los Angeles, California.
- 2012 – Traveled to China and trained at the Shaolin Temple near Denfeng.
- 2012 – Traveled to China and trained at the Wudang Dragongate Kung Fu School located on Wu Dang Mountain.
- 2013 – Completed “T’ai Chi Ch’uan 13 Postures” Training at Your Best Defense
- 2014 – Promoted to Sifu (full instructor) Yi Ran Dao Kung Fu
- Small Body Training
- Yin Iron Transference Palm
- Two consecutive 100 day Arm Grab Programs
- Muscle Tendon Change 100 Day Program